Roth Heating Company is here to help anytime you experience a home comfort emergency. Our family-owned and -operated company treats every customer like family, so we’re sharing our top tips to keep you safe if you lose heat this winter.
First, we encourage you to troubleshoot the problem to make sure your heat loss isn’t caused by something such as a short circuit or a malfunctioning thermostat:
- Check your circuit breaker to make sure no circuits have tripped. If the circuit your furnace is on has tripped, turn it back on and see if your furnace starts back up.
- Make sure your thermostat is on and set to heat. We know this seems obvious, but sometimes thermostats just need slight adjusting to get things working again. Bump up your heat by three to five degrees and see if your system kicks in.
- Inspect your filter to make sure it’s not overly dirty or clogged. Sometimes furnaces will shut down automatically if a filter is too dirty to avoid causing larger issues. A simple filter replacement may be all that’s needed.
Your Family’s Safety Is Our Number One Priority
If troubleshooting with the above tips does not solve your problem, give us a call right away.
Oak Creek Location 414-764-4700
Waterford Location 262-534-5568
We offer 24-hour emergency service to be available whenever you need us. We will get to your home as soon as we can—and in the meantime, make sure you keep your family safe and warm using these tips:
- Layer up with hats, gloves, sweatshirts, socks, and blankets to keep warm.
- Avoid opening and closing any windows and doors, and keep all curtains closed to trap as much heat inside as possible.
- Warm with space heaters and wood-burning fireplaces. Do NOT use your grill, oven, or kerosene heater as these are a serious fire hazard and can be lethal to your family.
We’ll thoroughly inspect your heating system and find a diagnosis to get it back up and running as soon as we can. In the event that your system is beyond repair and needs to be replaced, our Carrier technicians will help you find one that fits your home and budget. Working with Roth Heating means you never have anything to worry about.